.

DISCLAIMER

The views expressed in this blog are based entirely on personal tastes and preferences. Please do not take them as professional interpretations.

If you have any comments/suggestions/places you think serve great food, do share with us! Email me at qiuyi_ong@hotmail.com or leave a comment in the tag board. Thanks and cheers to future gastronomical adventures!

MY TO-GO LIST

7ateNine (Eaten!)
Au Jardin (Eaten!)
Au Petit Salut
Buko Nero (Eaten!)
Cugini (Eaten!)
Forlino (Eaten!)
Gunther's
Jaan (Eaten!)
La Strada
Le Bistrot
Nicolas
Pasta Brava (Eaten!)
Sage (Eaten!)
Tatsuya
Tetsu (Eaten!)

I LIKE

Canele
Cugini
Kuriya
Le Figue
LivinGreens
Nanbantei
Ootoya
Original Sin
Pasta Brava
Sage
Tetsu
Valentino

PAST ENTRIES

April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009

Labels























Sunday, July 6, 2008

Lin Kee Hot Pot Seafood Restaurant
Whole Basement Beverley Commercial Centre
87-105 Chatham Road South, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
2722 8828

Actually, we were intending to go to another place for breakfast but got tempted by the “half price dim sum” advertisement we saw at the MTR station. All the items below only cost HKD$8.80+ (SGD$1.60+) each and our total bill was HKD$133 (SGD$24.10). This is so cheap and value for money!

The Crab Siew Mai had thin skin and a lot of fresh crabmeat in it.


Char Siew Bao tasted alright and there’s nothing special.

The Prawn Dumplings had very generous fillings.

The Scallop and Egg White Dumplings were excellent! They tasted very fresh and firm.

I ordered the Ma La Gao again even though we just had that yesterday. This rendition is also very nice and soft!

We had the Steamed Ribs with Yams after seeing it on many people’s tables. I only ate the yams which were so soft that it just melted in the mouth.


The Xiao Long Bao had a lot of meat in it but not enough soup.

We ordered the Bamboo Rolls in Oyster Sauce without knowing what it was. It turned out to be fresh bamboo shoots wrapped in beancurd skin.

My favourite is the Pan Fried Yam Cake. This is by far the BEST yam cake I’ve ever eaten. There’s so much yam in it that I can’t taste the flour at all.

The Pan Fried Carrot Cake was good too. It’s very soft and not too oily.
The Shredded Carrot Rolls had light and flaky pastry.

For something sweet to end the meal, we had the Fried Sesame Balls.

There’s black sesame paste in it which was not too sweet.

Despite the obscure location, the place was fully packed. That's probably because of the cheap prices or the good quality of the food or both.

This is also an award winning restaurant and has been featured in many magazines and newspapers.

Personally, I prefer the dim sum at this place to Shamrock Seafood Restaurant. I'm glad that we chanced upon this hidden gem and would really recommend this place to anyone going to Hong Kong!

Labels:

11:17 AM

----------

WELCOME!

In ancient Greek mythology, sirens are creatures which have the body of a bird and the head of a woman. They have such sweet voices that sailors who heard their songs were lured into grounding their boats on the rocks on which the nymphs sang.

To me, food are like the sirens in so many ways. Intoxicating, wonderful, beautiful and yet, so very deadly if you let them get the better of you. Food is a big part of my life and it’s meant to be appreciated and savored slowly. I admit that I am extremely particular about what I eat. If it’s not something I want to put in my body, I’d rather not eat. Some people eat to live while others live to eat. I’ve yet to discover which side of the camp I’m in… What about you?

I hope that you will enjoy reading about my food adventures as much as I like writing them. And many thanks to my family and friends who always wait patiently for me to take photos before digging in!

LOCAL FOODIES' BLOGS

Ate Too Much
Gastronomic Ruminations
She Bakes & She Cooks
Singapore Daily Makan Photo
Small Potatpes Make the Steak Look Bigger
The Orthorexic Foodie
The Skinny Epicurean
Timeless Facade
Food Glorious Food

FOOD FOR THOUGHT